Be Waterwise: Water is Precious
Make a difference today
- Keep your showers to four minutes. Taking shorter showers is one of the best ways to help save water.
- Wait until your dishwasher or washing machine is fully Turn off the tap while you brush your teeth or shave.
- Wash your vegetables and rinse dishes in a plugged sink or basin – not under a running tap.
- Install a WELS 4-star rated water saving showerhead and WELS 4-star rated water efficient taps to save on water and energy costs.
- Use a broom or rake rather than a hose to clean your driveways and hard surfaces.
- Plant for the climate and soil in your area.
- Apply 7 - 10 cm of mulch around plants to help save water lost through evaporation.
- Get rid of weeds as they take water away from the plants you want to grow.
- Group plants with similar needs so they all get the right amount of water without wasting any.