The aim of the Family Support Service is to strengthen the capacity of families to meet the challenges they face at different times in their lives.
The Family Support Service delivers a range of free services to families with children aged between 0 – 18 to promote the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
These services include:
- General information
- Advice referral
- Individual and family counselling
- Parenting and household skill development through group education programs
- Supporting families with children from the age of 0 - 18 who find themselves in vulnerable situations.
Interventions provided can include:
- Case management, family therapy, mediation, parenting skills, community education and development, volunteer coordination and support with budgeting.
- Household management strategies or supporting the family to adopt daily routines.
Outcomes to achieve include:
- Improving the wellbeing of children, young people and their families.
- Building the capacity of families to care for and protect their children.
Provide linkages to local support services/community groups to enable families to access the resources to build their capacity to solve problems and make positive choices and changes.