Winton offers a weekly rubbish pick-up service. Bins should be out on the footpath by 7:00 am
- Monday: Streets running East-West
- Wednesday: Streets running from North-South
- Mon/Wed/Fri: Commercial Businesses
Bulk collection of rubbish
Council 2-3 times a year comes around to all the houses within the township to collect unwanted items and rubbish for FREE. Council will take anything that you no longer want or need, with the exception of asbestos material. People wishing to discard of heavy/large and toxic items will need to register at the council office so such items can be dealt with appropriately. This, however, WILL NOT incur any financial penalty, and the service for such items will still be FREE.
Once advertised in the Winton Herald, you are invited to place your name on the register, to do this please call the Environmental Health Officer on (07) 4657 2666.
See Council’s Fees and Charges Schedule for prices on dumping contaminated soil and asbestos materials or contact the Environmental Health Officer on (07) 4657 2666.
It is important to try to reduce the amount if rubbish heading to our landfills as single-use items are becoming increasingly popular and more and more rubbish is heading to landfills all the time. Below are some simple steps to help reduce the amount of rubbish heading to landfills.
- Resist – the temptation to buy/use single-use items
- Reduce – the number of items bought
- Reuse – items as much as possible
- Repair – items before buying a new one
- Recycle – only when an item cannot be reused or repaired
- Recover – all items that have gone into land fill