How do I access Information?

Documents held by Winton Shire Council may be accessed through a variety of mechanisms. The most appropriate method of seeking access to information will depend on what type of information is sought.

Information of Winton Shire Council is commonly accessed through the following avenues:

Publication Scheme

Our publication scheme describes and categorises information routinely available. It has been developed to give the community greater access to information held by Winton Shire Council.

Disclosure Log

Our disclosure log provides information in response to non-personal information requests made under the Right to Information Act 2009.

Administrative Access

Administrative Access information - If you have been unable to find what you are looking for on our website please contact us to enquire whether it can be released administratively.

Alternatively, it may be necessary to lodge an application under the RTI Act. You may direct general enquires regarding Right to Information to our online contact form.

Currently employeers are entitled to access their own employee records. For details on how to apply for administrative access to employee records, please refer to Administrative Access.

Apply for information

If you are seeking access to information not limited to your own personal information that is not available in our Publication Scheme, Disclosure Log, or by Administrative Access Schemes you should apply under the Right to Information Act 2009.

If you are seeking access to documents limited to your own personal information, you can apply under the Information Privacy Act 2009.

To apply for information, you can use online Right to Information Form, or you can download and print the RTI and IP Access Application PDF. You can also contact us for more information on how to apply for information.