Proposed Winton Shire Planning Scheme – Open for public comment
Winton Shire Council is pleased to advise that the proposed new Winton Shire Planning Scheme is now on public display. The community and stakeholders are encouraged to review the document and invited to provide feedback.
The purpose of the proposed planning scheme is to shape and manage development in the Winton Shire over the next 10-20 years.
The proposed planning scheme can be viewed HERE or in person at the office of Winton Shire Council at 75 Vindex Street, Winton QLD 4735. Interested parties may also purchase a copy of the document from either council office.
Any person can make a written submission about any aspect of the proposed Winton Shire Planning Scheme during the public consultation period.
The public consultation period is from
Monday, 28th of October 2019 up to and including Friday, 20th of December 2019.
Making a submission
Submissions must be made in writing or by email.
To be considered properly made, a submission must:
- be addressed to the Chief Executive Officer, Winton Shire Council
- be received by Winton Shire Council during the consultation period (on or before Friday, 20th of December 2019)
- state the name and residential or business address of each submitter
- state the grounds of the submission, and the facts and circumstances relied on to support the grounds
- state one postal or electronic address for service relating to the submission for all submitters
- be signed by each person making the submission, however signatures are not required for email (electronic) submissions.
Submissions can be lodged:
- by emailing a submission to email@example.com
- by posting a submission to PO Box 288, Winton Qld 4735
- by delivering in person at the office of Winton Shire Council at 75 Vindex Street, Winton QLD 4735.
If you have queries about making a submission, contact Shannon Van Bael on (07) 4657 2666 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following factsheets may assist you in understanding key aspects of the proposed planning scheme:
- Overview of categories of development and assessment
- Zones and precincts
- Establishing home-based businesses
- Planning for natural hazards – flooding
- Making a submission about the proposed planning scheme
The proposed Winton Shire Planning Scheme
Click HERE to download a complete copy of the proposed planning scheme.
Click HERE to view the new interactive online mapping to support the proposed planning scheme.
Alternatively, static PDF zone, precinct and flood mapping are contained in Schedule 2 (mapping) of the proposed planning scheme.
Where the proposed planning scheme calls up certain mapping for a certain purpose, the hyperlink to access the mapping is provided in the proposed planning scheme document.